The Department of Mathematical Sciences offers the following Master’s degrees:
- MS in Mathematics, Mathematics Education Concentration (MAED)
- MS in Mathematics, Pure & Applied Mathematics Concentration (MAPM)
- MS in Statistics (STAT)
- MA in Teaching Middle Grades in Mathematics (TMGM)
- BS in Mathematics, MS in Mathematics, Pure & Applied Concentration (Information Coming Soon)
- BS in Mathematics, MS in Statistics (MACB)
- BS in Mathematics, Mathematics of Finance Concentration, MS in Statistics (Information Coming Soon)
- BS in Mathematics, Statistics Concentration, MS in Statistics (MSCB)
- BS in Physics, MS in Mathematics, Pure & Applied Concentration (Information Coming Soon)
- BS/MAT in Mathematics, Teacher of Students with Disabilities Certification (MABM)
These degrees provide students with the advanced material needed for positions of leadership in business, industry and government, as well as for teaching at the high school and community college level. The concentration in mathematics education will upgrade the skills of teachers and offers a special combination of courses in mathematics, mathematics education and the use of technology in mathematics education.
Comprehensive Exam or Thesis?
Learn more about how you should go about fulfilling your graduate requirements. All students must choose between a Comprehensive Exam or a Thesis.
View the Fall 2013 - Spring 2015 Projected Graduate Course Offerings in Pure and Applied Mathematics
Please contact the following faculty members for advising:
The Department of Mathematical Sciences offers the following doctoral degree:
The program provides candidates with opportunities to obtain expertise in the teaching of mathematics, educational leadership and curriculum development and modification and to conduct research in mathematics education. It recognizes the influence that teacher leaders have in renewing and strengthening our nation's educational system and the critical importance of strong education programs in our nation's quest for improving our social and political democracy while maintaining its technological superiority.
Please contact Dr. Mika Munakata for advising.
The Mathematics Department also offers the following programs:
- Instructional Teaching Certification, Elementary Math
- Instructional Teaching Certification, Mathematics
- Instructional Teacher Certification, Physical Science
- Teaching Middle Grades Math Certificate Program
Please contact the following faculty members for advising in these other programs:
View graduate scholarship opportunities in the Mathematical Sciences.