All University affiliated users, for SEM, TEM and confocal microscopes, must make a reservation in order for anyone in the group to conveniently use the microscopes and better manage the microscopes. Before users First time schedule a microscope, you must be added to the MMRL user list to access the calendars. This can be done by contacting the Director, Laying Wu, firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a confirmation email once you have been added.
Making a Reservation
- View your Montclair Google Calendar account - Log in with your MSU email, NetID@montclair.edu, and password
You should see the microscopy calendar(s) listed under Other Calendars on the bottom of the left menu
- Add a reservation by pressing the Createbutton on the top left
- Title format - [First Name] [Last Name] - [Yes/No if assistance is needed]
- Select the date and time you would like to use the microscope
- Select the calendar that corresponds to the microscope you intend to use from the Calendar dropdown menu
- Choosing your Microscope
- On the right select Rooms etc.
- Search "MMRL" in the search box
- Unselect the show only available checkbox
- Click on the Asset tab and select the microscope you wish to reserve
- When complete click the Save button on the top left of the page
- If you view the calendar you just created your event for, you should see your reservation posted on the designated date and time you entered