Plan Your Trip
You will need approximately 1 adult for every 10-12 students. This adult/student ratio lends itself well to the outdoor teaching environment and to the logistics of lodging and dining.
- Fill out the Program Inquiry Form
- Contact Coordinator of programs, Lisa Mills and make your reservations
- Return contract with 10% deposit, Facility Use Form and Menu Selection Form.
- Divide your group into subgroups of approximately 12.
- Select sessions from the Session Description Page. Our educational philosophy strongly encourages you to select at least 1 class from each of our 4 programming areas.
- Choose and book your.
- Contact the Coordinator of Programs, Lisa Mills and let them know which day sessions you have selected and what Evening Programs you have booked so that she can construct a schedule for your trip and mail/fax/e-mail it to you.
- The coordinator of programs will provide you with bus information should you need a bus or buses for trips off of the NJSOC campus. The bus company will invoice your school directly after the trip.
- Assign 12 people (10 students and 2 adults or 11 students and 1 adult) to each table in the dining hall. Tables only have 12 seats so don't assign any more than 12, but try not to leave any seats vacant since the serving sizes from the kitchen are based on 12 at a table.
- Assign cruisers for each meal (1 cruiser per table per meal).
- Assign students and chaperones to cabins and/or dormitories. Cabins hold 12 students and 2 adults. The Lenape Dormitory has two wings. Each wing holds 40 students and 4 adults.
- Require each student’s parent(s)/guardian(s) to fill out the medical forms.
- Return a Student Roster & Facility Use Form no later than 30 days prior to arrival.
- Provide Coordinator of programs, Lisa Mills with a list of teachers who are interested in receiving NJ Professional Development credit. professional development form
- Distribute lesson plans to teachers who are being trained to provide a session.
- Distribute schedules to teachers, chaperones, and students. If you like, the coordinator of programs can taylor the master schedule for teachers, students, and/or chaperones.