Understanding is a measure of the quality and quantity of connections that a new idea has with existing ideas.
(Van de Walle, Karp & Bay-Williams, 2013, p. 23)
Courses at Montclair State University
- Learning Trajectories in Mathematics Education (MATH744), Doctoral course, Montclair State University, Spring 2015.
- Mathematics in Elementary Schools P-6 II (MTHM302), Undergraduate course, Montclair State University, Fall 2014 (2 sections), Spring 2016 (2 sections).
- Teaching mathematics with technology, Professional Development course for Newark Public Schools (Grades 5 & 6), Common Core Standards for Mathematics: Race To The Top 3, Fall 2013 - Spring 2014.
- Mathematics in Elementary Schools P- 6 (MHTM201), Undergraduate course, Montclair State University, Fall 2013 (2 sections), Spring 2014 (one section).
- Mathematics Education in the Elementary School (MATH 577), Masters’ course, Montclair State University, Spring 2014 (two sections), Fall 2015 (two sections).
- Dissertation Proposal Seminar (MATH 830), Doctoral course, Montclair State University, Spring 2014.
Courses at North Carolina State University
- Rational Numbers and Operations: K-5 Learning Trajectories, MOOC-ED (Massive Open Online course), Professional development course for pre- and in-service teachers, teacher educators and administrators. North Carolina State University (URL: mooc-ed.org), Summer 2013.
- Interpreting the Common Core Math Standards using Learning Trajectories, Professional development course for pre-service teachers. North Carolina State University, Spring 2013.
- Rational Numbers and Operations: K-5 Learning Trajectories (ELM 556), Elementary Mathematics Add-on License Course. North Carolina State University, Fall 2012.
Courses at UCL Institute of Education
- Designing Mathematical Learning and Teaching with digital technologies, Teaching Assistant, MA course, UCL Institute of Education. Fall 2010.
- From methods to methodology: Preparing to write, Workshop to students from the MPhil/PhD course, UCL Institute of Education. Summer 2010, Spring 2011, Summer 2011.
- Research Design, Instructor, Workshop to students from the MPhil/PhD course, Institute of Education (University of London). Summer 2010, Summer 2011.