Past Conferences and Symposia
- The Sixth Passaic River Symposium (October 9, 2014)
- The Fifth Passaic River Symposium (October 19, 2012)
- Today's Status, Tomorrow's Perspective
- A day-long event featuring the Lower Passaic River Restoration Project. The symposium included invited keynote speakers and plenary sessions/presentations on all aspects of environmental management challenges relevant to the Passaic River Basin. The conference focused on sediment remediation as part of the Lower Passaic Interim Remedial Measure, the release of the Focused Feasibility Study, ecosystem restoration and environmental advocacy and public outreach efforts. Projects in the upper-river and tributary watersheds also played a prominent role in this conference.
- Opening Remarks & Panel Discussion Video
- Passaic River Symposium V Program
- Media Coverage
- The Fourth Passaic River Symposium (June 22nd, 2010)
- Individual presentations now online.
- Complete agenda for 4th Passaic River Symposium, June 22nd (Adobe PDF Format)
- Entire program book with agenda and abstracts (5MB PDF) .
- Media Coverage
- MSU Press Release
- Article about the event in The Record
- "Enthusiastic Response to Passaic River Symposium" from The Metropolitan Waterfront Alliance's newsletter "Waterwire" of 7/1/10
- The Third Passaic River Symposium (Thursday October 16, 2008)
- The Symposium was a great success thanks to all the presenters and attendees. The Symposium featured the "Lower Passaic River Restoration Project", as well as projects and issues in the upper River and tributary watersheds. Congressman Bill Pascrell will be giving opening remarks. The heads of three major agencies spoke, giving an update on Passaic Basin issues from their agencies' perspectives: Alan J. Steinberg, Regional Administrator of USEPA, Aniello L. Tortora, the NY District Commander for the US Army Corps of Engineers, and Lisa P. Jackson, Commissioner of the NJDEP. The Symposium attracted nearly 280 participants.
- Third Passaic River Symposium Agenda
- Montclair State University News Story
- Program Book (Includes Abstracts)
- Abstracts and Presentations
- The Second Passaic River Symposium (October 13, 2006)
- The First Passaic River Symposium (June 9, 2004)
Past Workshop Organized by the PRI:
- Half-day workshop (Friday April 4 2008)