Red Hawk Math Learning Center
With the creation of the Red Hawk Mathematics Learning Center, Montclair State University has implemented an innovative, exciting and successful approach to mathematics education. The Red Hawk Mathematics Learning Center (RHMLC) is a mathematics “emporium” style computer-aided learning facility. We offer six classes in the RHMLC:
- MATH 100 - Intermediate Algebra - MATH-100 Student Contract & Syllabus
- MATH 103 - The Development of Mathematics - MATH-103 Student Contract & Syllabus
- MATH 109 - Statistics - MATH-109 Student Contract & Syllabus
- MATH 110 - Biostatistics - MATH-110 Student Contract & Syllabus
- MATH 115 - Supplemental Topics in Statistics for the Biological Sciences - MATH-115 Student Contract & Syllabus
- MTHM 101 - Praxis Review
Learn more about each course on the Course Information page.
The RHMLC is committed to providing a superior learning environment by coupling advanced, user-friendly mathematics technology with personal, on-demand assistance from highly qualified instructors, graduate assistants and advanced undergraduate tutors. Courses in the RHMLC are designed to encourage active learning and problem solving skills, as students learn mathematics most effectively when “doing mathematics.” Students also have small group lectures or breakout sessions (called focus groups) with an instructor on a regular basis to keep them on target and to enable a stronger connection to their classmates, center staff and the material.
The Red Hawk Mathematics Learning Center (RHMLC) is located on the third floor of Conrad J. Schmitt Hall and is comprised of rooms 329 and 352, a small group tutoring room on the third floor near the Center in room CS340.
August 3 - September 6
The center will only be open for Boot Camp students who have made an appointment for tutoring or to take their final.
September 6 - November 22
- Monday - Thursday: 8:30am to 8:15pm
- Friday: 8:30am to 5:15pm
Drop-In Hours - No classes but tutors are available
Come to do homework or take a quiz or test
- Wednesday: 2:30 - 5:30pm
- Saturday: 12 noon - 4:00pm
- Tutoring Room CS340