Welcome to Montclair State University’s Red Hawk Math Learning Center Online Boot Camps
Montclair State University is eager to ensure your success in college level math. If you scored below 71 on the Algebra section of the Accuplacer Test, Montclair strongly recommends that you refresh your math skills before enrolling in your first college level math class. The Montclair State University online Boot Camps can help you achieve college readiness in math.
How much does a Boot Camp cost?
- Boot Camps are free!
- Individual tutoring in the RHMLC is free!
- Using the RHMLC computers and taking advantage of on-demand tutoring is free!
- For details, please see "Come to the RHMLC" section below.
What is the Math Boot Camp?
- It is an online intensive math review.
- Students who successfully complete the Boot Camp will be prepared to take a college-level math course.
Who are the Boot Camps for?
- Students who scored below 71 on the Elementary Algebra section of the Accuplacer Test.
- Students who have not taken a math class for a year or more.
When are the Boot Camps offered?
- For students starting in the spring - December 1 – January 12
- For students starting in the fall - June 26 - August 3
Why complete a Boot Camp?
- To be prepared for college level math coursework
- To review, refresh and strengthen math skills before the first semester
- The Boot Camps are easy to access with minimal preparation.
- The Boot Camps are free and convenient
What Materials do I need?
- A computer with internet access is required
- All other material is included online as part of the Boot Camp (basic calculator recommended)
Where do I access a Boot Camp?
- You can work anywhere with an internet connection.
- We recommend that some of the time you work at the Red Hawk Math Learning Center (RHMLC) and take advantage of free tutoring.
- Reserve a seat at the RHMLC
How do I register?
In order to register for the online Boot Camp you will need an MSU NETID. To obtain one, please visit the NetID Account website.
Once you have a NETID, please fill in the following information:
How do I contact the Boot Camps Coordinator?
- Email us: email@example.com
Come to the RHMLC!
We strongly suggest you come to the Red Hawk Center 2 times a week. There, you can have your questions answered while you work (we call this on-demand tutoring) and, if needed, individual tutoring.
Because computer terminals at the Center are limited, and there are ongoing classes, you will need to reserve a terminal ahead of time. Fill out the Computer Reservation Form to secure your seat. Please check in at the front desk when you arrive.
In addition to working in the lab and taking advantage of on-demand tutoring, we offer individual tutoring at the Red Hawk Math Learning Center. Sign up for Tutoring by Appointment. Please check in at the front desk when you arrive.