Free Math Skills Workshops
The workshops are small group sessions focused on specific skills that are needed to succeed in college level math courses. If you need to improve your basic math skills, the workshops can help! If you are struggling in your math or science course, your foundational skills may be the issue and you should consider attending a free workshop.
Workshops will run during the fall and spring semesters on Wednesdays at 2:30 p.m.and 4:00 p.m. and Saturdays at 1:00 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.
The workshop topics change weekly so please see the upcoming workshop times and topics and sign up to reserve a seat below.
- Fractions I
- Decimals, Rounding and Percentages
- Fractions II
- Solving Equations
- Units Conversions
- Solving Inequalities
- Formulas and Functions
- Basic Factoring
- How much do the Workshops cost?
- Workshops are free!
- Who are the Workshops for?
- All MSU students are welcome!
- Why attend a Workshop?
- To be prepared for college level math coursework.
- To review, refresh and strengthen math skills.
- The Workshops are free and convenient.
- What Materials do I need?
- Please bring a notebook, something to write with and a basic calculator.
- May I attend the workshops out of order?
- Yes, come to the workshop(s) that are useful to you.
- May I attend a workshop topic more than once?
- Yes, it you keep finding the workshop useful, attend! If you find that you are not learning what you need, consider individual tutoring.