The Red Hawk Math Learning Center (RHMLC) is a mathematics classroom. Only mathematics course work may be completed while in the RHMLC.
To promote the opportunity for all students to work free of unnecessary distractions, the following policies have been instituted:
- Your time in the RHMLC is devoted to your math coursework. This is your time to work on problems and get on-demand assistance during each 75 minute session.
- Computers are reserved for registered students during each class block. You may ask to work longer during another class time if a computer is available, but students registered for that time are given priority on computers. Please see a staff member to ask for assistance.
- Defacing the computers, desks or facility in any way will be reported to the University police. Please respect the Learning Center and keep it a place that everyone can utilize and enjoy. The University's Guidelines for Appropriate Computing Behavior also apply in the RHMLC.
- Be patient while waiting for assistance in the RHMLC. Your questions will not be over-looked and our tutors and staff members will help you as soon as possible. If you feel you are not receiving adeqate attention, please find a supervisor to discuss problems. Do not harass a tutor or fellow students.
- Doors are closed and locked at the end of the day, and all students must vacate the facility when asked by any staff member. You may not work in the RHMLC when it is not supervised.
- Absolutely no cellular phone or portable electronic device usage is permitted in the Learning Center, this includes: phone calls, texting, internet usage, calculator app usage.
- Non-course related emails are NOT allowed in the Learning Center. To email your instructor, use the email feature in MyMathLab.
- Social Media Sites are prohibited. Your Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Google+, etc. accounts should be updated on your own time and NOT in the Learning Center!
- No food or drinks allowed. In an effort to keep the Learning Center clean and functioning well for students, food and drinks are not allowed while working on the computers in the Learning Center.
NOTE: There are areas in Conrad J. Schmitt Hall where you can relax and enjoy a drink or snack, when you are not scheduled for class of course!
- Failure to comply with these policies will result in removal from the Learning Center and loss of credit for assignments and attendance.