How to Apply
Admission into the SHIP program is competitive and will be based on academic performance, reference letters and interest in pursuing research as presented in your SHIP Application. You must be a major in any one of the CSAM disciplines and plan to be at Montclair State for two years after acceptance into SHIP. Students in any MSU three year program are not able to participate in this program.
How do I Apply?
To apply, you will need to provide us the following:
- A letter of application which includes
- Your personal information
- A personal statement describing your interest in the program and what your professional aspirations are (less than 200 words)
- A research proposal describing what scientific problem you would like to research(less than 800 words). Identify who your faculty mentor is likely to be and consult with them before you write the proposal
- Copies of all college transcripts (high school transcript not required)
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who can address your future potential. One of these letters must be from your SHIP research mentor.
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org