- Provide opportunities for Association members to maintain professional contact with colleagues in their own and other disciplines.
- Facilitate Emeriti contributions to scholarly, education, professional, and community service goals.
- Publicize scholarly, educational, professional, community service activities and the continuing accomplishments of Association members, thus enhancing the reputation of the University.
- Sponsor educational programs, lectures, workshops, and symposia at the University on intellectual, social, and cultural issues of interest to Emeriti and the University community.
- Serve as mentors for current faculty and students.
- Continue involvement and participation at Montclair State University for the mutual benefit of the University and Association members.