The Office of Campus Planning is responsible for the development of the university master plan, capital project planning, and space management on a daily basis for all 252 acres, 69 buildings and approximately 4.4 million gross square feet. It is the mission of the Campus Planning Office to support the University’s recently adopted strategic plan for improving and/or supporting the campus learning, living and recreational spaces and programs.
The Division of University Facilities and Department of Campus Planning consist of licensed professionals in the fields of architecture, engineering, landscape architecture, interior design and physical planning. Campus Planning is engaged at the commencement of capital project planning, during implementation phases and as a critical component to the close-out procedures of each project.
Campus Planning is charged with defining the long-range physical vision of the campus as deemed appropriate to:
- Support the institutional mission and implement established priorities,
- Establish safer and healthier environments,
- Achieve operational efficiency, and
- Manage the land use, space utilization and physical appearance of the institution.
This department provides five primary services to Montclair State University:
- Capital Project Planning and Design
- Master Planning
- Space Management
- Geographic Information Services
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan Permit