Links and Tips
New Jersey Transit
Decamp Bus Lines
Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA)
John F. Kennedy (JFK)
Newark Liberty (EWR)
Tips for Riding Public Transit
- Check for transit delays and service advisories before you leave.
- Make sure you have exact change for bus fare. NJ Transit bus drivers do not make change, and Decamp bus drivers may not be able to make change for bills larger than $20.
- Be sure to purchase your ticket(s) before you board the train!
- Buy your ticket from a ticket agent, a Ticket Vending Machine, or the MyTix app.
- NJ Transit applies a $5 surcharge to tickets purchased aboard the train when a ticket agent or Ticket Vending Machine is available.
- Both the Montclair State University and Montclair Heights train stations have Ticket Vending Machines.
- Use the NJ Transit Trip Planner to plan a trip between two specific destinations.
- Use NJ Transit's MyBus Now feature to get real-time bus arrival information!
- Use NJ Transit's MyBus feature to find out when the next bus is scheduled to arrive.
- Keep in mind that this is not real-time information - it pulls arrival times from the established bus schedule. (Use MyBus Now for real-time information)
- Call 973-275-5555 or text your bus stop ID number to mybus (69287).
- MSU's bus stop ID number is 18141.
- Other bus stop ID numbers can be obtained by visiting the NJ Transit's MyBus website and entering the street address or general location of the bus stop you are searching for. These ID numbers will also be posted on a sign at most bus stops.
- Save mybus (69287) to your phone contacts list for quick access.
- Many cell phones have a notepad tool. Use this tool to save your most frequently used bus stop ID numbers so you'll have them on-the-go.