What to Do If You Lose/Misplace Your Card
Original keys or access cards issued to an employee is not chargeable. All employees will be issued keys and access cards as needed to access office, residence, and or work areas. Please report misplaced or stolen cards immediately to the University Police Department. If you find your access card before a new one is issued, your old card can be reinstated. After the replacement is issued, the old card can no longer be used in our system. Replacement of lost/stolen keys or access cards, or failure to return assigned keys or access cards, will result in charges to the person identified as the assignee. There is no charge for the replacement of an incorrect card. The following replacement costs for various levels will prevail:
Replacement Individual key or access card $ 10.00
Replacement Building Master key or access card $ 75.00
Lost Keys/Access Cards
- All cards and keys issued through this process are considered the property of the University.
- Report the loss or theft of keys and access cards to the University Police and the Facilities Service Desk as soon as possible, so that the card can be deactivated and a report can be filed.
- University Police will investigate and document reports of lost University keys and access cards and provide one copy of each report to the Facilities Service Desk.
- University Police will provide classroom and office access, if requested, to approved Faculty, Staff, Administration, and Students.
- Any keys and access cards that are no longer required should be returned to the Facilities Service Desk.
What To Do If Your Card Does Not Work
If you are a University employee and your card access is not working please contact your Building/Department Access Coordinator for access. If you live in University Residences please contact you RD or RA. If you are having problems and are not sure who to call please contact the Facilities Service Desk at extension x 5444.