How to Use Nextbus
Nextbus provides several quick & easy ways to find and track your bus.
SMS Text Device
Text your stop number to 41411 (ex: "msu 109").
|NJ Transit Garage||102|
|Red Hawk Garage||108|
Setup an SMS Alert
Want to know when the bus is five minutes away? Set an SMS alert.
- Select a stop by texting 41411 with your stop number.
- After predictions are displayed, reply to the prediction message with the number of minutes of notice you want. You can specify an alert time between 0 and 30 minutes. For example, you select a stop by texting "msu 109" to 41411. Then reply with "5" to be alerted when your bus is five minutes away.
Download the app
Disclaimer: These applications have no affiliation with Montclair State University. As a result, we do not provide support for these applications. Any comments, suggestions, or complaints about functionality should be directed to the application's developer.
- In your phone's browser, go to www.nextbus.com
- You will be redirected to the simplified mobile site.
- Select your location, transit agency, route, and stop.
- The most current predictions for the arrival time of the next bus will be displayed.*
- Call 973-771-3152
- At the voice prompt, enter your stop number.
- The system will provide you with the next scheduled arrival time.
*Users viewing on a smartphone or the Nextbus website will also have the option of viewing a live map showing the location of the bus on its route.