Health insurance is mandatory for all full-time undergraduate and graduate students as defined by the University (12 or more credits for Undergraduate, 9 or more credits for Graduate); however, if you already have health insurance coverage either through your parents, spouse or self employment, you can opt to waive the Health Insurance Fee by completing the Health Insurance Waiver form online.
If you are a part-time student interested in purchasing health insurance, contact United Healthcare directly at 1-800-505-4160 or www.firststudent.com.
All full time students are required to provide proof of coverage or to accept the health plan. You must waive the school-sponsored insurance plan each academic year.
You may waive coverage under this plan if you have health insurance that meets all of the University plan requirements and is approved by the University. You will need to provide information about your coverage in the waiver section.
Students who fail to complete an online waiver by the designated deadline will be automatically enrolled in the school-sponsored plan and will be responsible for the annual premium.
If your name is not recognized in the firststudent website please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can add your name to the roster ·
Waiver Deadline:: Spring 2013 - 1/30/2013
- Students who do not respond by the deadline will be automatically enrolled in the plan and will be responsible for the annual premium.
- The University reserves the right to make the final determination regarding eligibility for the initial and continued enrollment in this insurance plan.
- The University reserves the right to audit all waivers in order to ensure compliance with the University insurance requirements. Please be sure to have a copy of your insurance policy as you may be asked to provide this documentation.
In Order to Complete the Waiver, You Will Need the Following:
- Your current health insurance plan ID card.
- Your health insurance brochure or plan description.
To complete the Waiver process, please go to www.firststudent.com
select the "Enroll/Waive Insurance link, click on the link for Montclair State University-Full Time Students, select Montclair State University from the drop down menu then click continue. You will then click the waiver link and begin the process. Once the process is complete, do not forget to print out a receipt for your records.
The Health Insurance Fee will be removed from your account a week after the add/drop period as long as you have an approved waiver on file. However, you may deduct the Health Insurance Fee when remitting a payment.
Montclair State E-mail is our main form of communication. All notifications will be sent to your Montclair State email address. Failure to check your Montclair State email, errors in forwarding e-mail, and returned email (from an "over quota" mail box or "unknown user" or other error message) will not excuse a student from missing announcements or deadlines. Please read your Montclair State e-mail daily.