The Office of Student Financial Aid assists eligible students in meeting their educational expenses through:
If you cannot find the information you require, please Contact our office.
HESAA TAG Reminder
Urgent Message to 2014-2015 Tuition Aid Grant (TAG) Recipients:
File your FAFSA today to apply for renewal of your TAG for the upcoming 2015-2016 academic year.
- TAG renewal students must file a FAFSA no later than June 1, 2015.
- Processing can take several weeks. Don't delay!
- File your FAFSA now at www.fafsa.gov.
- On the Confirmation Page, select Start your state application to respond to a few additional questions required to determine your eligibility for New Jersey State grant and scholarship assistance, such as the Tuition Aid Grant and NJ STARS programs.
To check the status of your application, log on to www.fafsa.gov or call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-433-3243.
HESAA is here to assist you.
Customer Care Line: 1-609-584-4480
Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. You can also visit us on the web at www.njgrants.org.
Priority Deadline: March 15th
FAFSA Filing Deadlines
(for EOF, TAG, NJ STARS II, and GUS students)
Continuing Students: June 1st
Incoming Freshmen: October 1st
Are you in Verification?
Check your WESS account to see what documents need to be turned in.
Choose One of Following to Complete the Tax Requirements for Verification
If tax return documents are required you may order a copy of the Tax Return Transcript by going to http://www.irsdataretrievaltool.com/order-tax-return-transcript
You may also use the following link to complete the IRS Data Retrieval Process http://www.irsdataretrievaltool.com/irs-data-retrieval-tool-instructions This link contains step by step instructions along with an instructional video.
Summer Financial Aid
Do you need financial aid for the Summer Semester?
Summer financial aid is not an automatic awarding process, you must request for aid in order to qualify. Make sure you complete a Summer aid request form if you are planning to attend the summer term and want to see if you have any aid eligibility left for the summer semester.
- Summer financial aid can be awarded to you if you have not used up all your financial aid eligibility in the current Fall, Winter and Spring semesters.
- You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits for Undergraduate or Post Baccalaureate programs/certificates and a minimum of 4.5 credits for Masters degrees and beyond.
If you are unsure if you qualify, speak to a financial aid counselor or email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if you have any eligibility left to use for the summer.
The following links will take you to the required paperwork to submit to the Financial Aid office: