The Office of Student Financial Aid is here to assist you in financing your college education. Financial aid is comprised of various forms of scholarships, grants, loans and work-study. Financial aid comes from federal, state and institutional sources. By applying for financial aid, you may reduce the costs of your college education making it an affordable reality.
- Student Employment (Work Study)
- Important Dates for Spring 2016
- Billing Deadlines
If you cannot find the information you require, please Contact our office.
HESAA TAG Reminder
Deadline JUNE 1, 2016
Urgent Message to Tuition Aid Grant (TAG) Recipients:
File your FAFSA today to apply for renewal of your TAG for the upcoming 2016-2017 academic year.
- TAG renewal students must file a FAFSA no later than June 1, 2016.
- Processing can take several weeks. Don't delay!
- File your FAFSA now at www.fafsa.gov.
- On the Confirmation Page, select Start your state application to respond to a few additional questions required to determine your eligibility for New Jersey State grant and scholarship assistance, such as the Tuition Aid Grant and NJ STARS programs.
To check the status of your application, log on to www.fafsa.gov or call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-433-3243.
HESAA is here to assist you.
Customer Care Line: 1-609-584-4480
Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. You can also visit us on the web at www.njgrants.org.
Summer Financial Aid
Do you need financial aid for the Summer Semester?
- All students who need financial aid for Summer 2016 Semester should complete the 2015-2016 FAFSA. Financial aid is still available for this year.
- Complete a Summer Aid Request form
- Summer financial aid can be awarded to you if you have not used up all your financial aid eligibility in the current Fall, Winter and Spring semesters.
- You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits for Undergraduate or Post Baccalaureate programs/certificates and a minimum of 4.5 credits for Masters degrees and beyond.
If you are unsure if you qualify, speak to a financial aid counselor or email email@example.com to see if you have any eligibility left to use for the summer.
The following links will take you to the required paperwork to submit to the Financial Aid office:
Starting in 2016-2017, students will be able to log into NEST to view requirements, their financial aid awards and other important financial aid information.
Fall 2016 FAFSA Information
The 2016-2017 FAFSA is now available. Please file the 2016/2017 FAFSA for Fall 2016
- Check out the step by step directions on how to complete the FAFSA video
Priority Deadline: was March 15, 2016, but you can still apply anytime.
- You must have a FSA ID to complete the FAFSA. The FSA ID replaces the PIN. It gives you access to www.fafsa.ed.gov and lets you and your parent sign the form electronically
- Don't delay, create a FSA ID for yourself and a parent today
- For FSA ID help, check out the video