Fall and Spring Programs
The Gifted and Talented Youth Program at Montclair State University provides accelerated, inquiry based courses designed to meet the unique intellectual and social needs of high ability students in grades K-8. Courses are taught for 9 weekends in the fall and winter/spring. The program provides students with opportunities to explore topics in the humanities, mathematics, arts, sciences and technology. Courses stimulate creativity, higher order thinking skills, and problem solving and include a diverse array of topics. Because of the small class size and low teacher-student ratio, students are provided with customized programs. Students delve into topics of personal interest while engaging with other students who have similar abilities and passions. The instructors have diverse backgrounds and include university professors, teachers of the gifted, published authors, and professionals with real-world experience in the topics they present.
(no class April 19/April 20)
Course Announcements and Registration for the Fall 2014 Program will begin in August!
October 11/12 through December 13/14
(No classes November 29/30)
(No classes April 4/5)
- Register for Saturdays or Sundays (or both days)
- Registration Deadline: Extended to February 14, 2014
- Time Schedules for Saturday:
Period 1: 8:45am - 9:55am
Period 2: 10:05am - 11:15am
Period 3: 11:25am - 12:35pm
- Time Schedule for Sunday:
Period 1: 10:05am - 11:15am
Period 2: 11:25am - 12:35pm
Information Sessions - Learn More About Our Program
The Gifted & Talented program offers Information Sessions for prospective students and parents to provide the following information:
- Introduction to the program
- Qualifications for different grade levels
- Outline of classes generally offered
- Information on the faculty that teach within Gifted and Talented
- Benefits of the program
- Details about the POGO program (Parents of Gifted Offspring)
Upcoming Information Session
- Watch the recorded Webinar from December 16, 2013
- Webinar: January 21, 2014 at 6:00 p.m. - CANCELLED / Rescheduled to January 28, 2014 at 6 p.m.
- In-Person: January 25, 2014 at 10:00 a.m in UN 2007
You will be able to ask questions at anytime during the information session utilizing a chat window. If you have any questions prior to the session, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-655-4104.