Prospective Scholars

If you are interested in conducting research at Montclair State University, visit the Global Education Center to learn about how to be invited to the University as a Scholar.

IS will handle immigration matters for you once your request has been approved by Dr. Marina Cunningham, Executive Director of Global Education Center.

NOTE: The spouse and unmarried minor children (under 21 years of age) of the J-1 exchange visitor are eligible for J-2 dependent status. J-2 dependents are eligible to apply for employment authorization from the USCIS as long as the employment is not for the purpose of supporting the J-1.

Click here for the J-1 Scholar Application