Forms and Documents

The following forms are for International Students:


Online Document Request
Form Description
A Good Standing Letter will indicate that you are a student in good legal standing at Montclair State University.
Request the On Campus Employment (Payroll) Letter if you will be working on campus. You will need a Social Security Number in order to begin work. If you don't have a Social Security Number, first complete the Social Security Letter request.
Request the Social Security Letter if you will be working on campus and do not have a Social Security Card. You will need to obtain the Social Security Card before you can begin employment on campus.
A travel signature is a signature by an International Student Adivsor on your I-20 form or DS-2019 form. The signature, along with a valid visa stamp and passport, allows you to re-enter the U.S.
An Invitation letter verifies that you are student in good standing and that you would like to invite family or friends to visit you in the US. This letter can be used when inviting family or friends for your graduation commencement ceremony. Your family or friends would show this letter when applying for a B-1/B-2 visitors visa at a US Embassy or Consulate.
Note: We cannot write names of your family members or friends on the letter.

Back to Top


Forms & Documentation
Form Description
To be used by prospective and newly accepted students who wish to apply for F-1 student visa.
Information on estimated expenses for each degree program
Chart of required documents for how your tuition, fees, and living expenses will be funded

This form must be completed by the sponsor who will provide the student with the support during the student’s course of study at Montclair State University.  

This form must be completed by the sponsor who will provide the student with free room and board during the student’s course of study at Montclair State University.  

To be used by newly accepted students transferring from another U.S. college/University for transfer of SEVIS record.
For students who need to extend their I-20 to complete program of studies.
For post completion OPT enter (c) (3) (B) in item 16.
If you are currently have approved or pending 17-month STEM OPT Extension application, and would like to extend your OPT for an additional 7 months, please see these directions.
 For all STEM students applying for an OPT extension on or after May 10, 2016,    please use this form.  

If your I-20/DS-2019 was lost, damaged, stole, or needs a correction, fill out this request form.  If you I-20/DS-2019 requires a correction, please include what the correction is in the comments box, and upload the supporting documentation.


For F-1 students: Making arrangements for housing well in advance of your arrival is extremely important. Residence hall rooms are reserved on a first-come, first-served, space-available basis. On-campus housing is not a guarantee except for incoming freshmen students who apply by the housing deadline, so it is important

for you to let us know in advance that you require on-campus housing by completing this form.

Back to Top