The Global Education Center consolidates Montclair State University's international initiatives and programs. It provides leadership and organizational focus for the University’s globalization efforts.
The Office of International Services
Office of International Services (IS) promotes international education by providing a range of services, programs, and advocacy that support the growth, development and welfare of international students, scholars, and faculty at Montclair State University. These are:
- immigration advising and documentation
- visa support
- academic, legal, housing, visa and cultural assistance for international student
- orientations for new international scholars
- social adjustment and cultural support programs
- Global Living Community (GLC) a residential community of International and American students at Montclair State University, where students can learn about the traditions and customs of students from a variety of countries
- international student recruitment
Study Abroad and Short-term International Summer Institutes
The Center provides Montclair State students with the opportunity to discover, learn, and enrich their lives through a variety of study abroad programs to destinations throughout the world. Through direct programs with partner institutions and affiliations with the New Jersey Consortium on International Studies and Cultural Experiences Abroad, the Center offers undergraduate students academically challenging and personally rewarding international experiences in a collegiate setting at an affordable price in over 20 countries. Our Short-term Study Abroad Institutes are led by Montclair State faculty with expertise in the region, and are thematically oriented. The Center provides study abroad scholarships for qualified Montclair State students.
Students may choose from:
- Semester or year-long study abroad and exchange programs
- Summer 3-5 week faculty-led institute programs
- Regular courses that include a 7-10 day field excursion abroad over term breaks