Study at Montclair
Study at Montclair
Why choose Montclair State?
- Building on a distinguished history dating back to 1908, Montclair State University is a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey.
- The resources and opportunities of a large University with the educational experience of a small college. Our 252-acre suburban campus is located only 12 miles from NYC.
- Our 10 colleges and schools offer more than 300 Academic Programs from Accounting to Visual Arts at the doctoral, master’s, and baccalaureate-levels.
- Learn from the experts. 95 percent of faculty hold the highest degree in their field.
- Individual attention - the average class size is 23, and the Student-to-Faculty Ratio is 17:1.
- Get involved. With more than 100 Clubs and Student Organizations, there are ample opportunities to get involved, participate in a busy calendar of on-campus activities, and form new friendships.
- Student Life at Montclair (SLAM) strives to bring the campus community together by providing fun, free events, live entertainment, and off-campus trips.
- The Alexander Kasser Theater, George Segal Gallery, and MFA Gallery host an abundance of cultural programs, exhibits, and other opportunities to discover world-renowned and student artists.
- Top 100 national public university ranking by The Wall Street Journal
- Montclair State “Best of the Best” Top 30 LGBTQ-friendly campuses
- Listed in the “Top 100 Colleges for Hispanics” rankings for 17 years in a row
- Money magazine listed Montclair State among the nation’s “50 Colleges that Add the Most Value” for 2016
- Graduate programs in elementary teacher education and secondary teacher education were both ranked #14 nationally in U.S. News & World Report’s 2017 Best Education Schools
- Online Educational Leadership program named one of the top 50 programs in the nation by U.S. News & World Report
The Office of International Engagement consolidates Montclair State University's international initiatives and programs, providing leadership and organizational focus for the University’s globalization efforts.
The Office of International Engagement’s International Student and Scholar Services promotes international education by providing a range of services, programs, and advocacy that support the growth, development and welfare of international students, scholars, and faculty at Montclair State University. Services include:
- Immigration advising and documentation
- Visa support
- Academic, legal, housing, visa and cultural assistance for international student
- Orientations for new international scholars
- Social adjustment and cultural support programs
- Global Living Community (GLC) a residential community of International and American students at Montclair State University, where students can learn about the traditions and customs of students from a variety of countries
- International student recruitment
Non-Degree and Special Programs
With students from more than # different countries, Montclair State University is proud to welcome students from around the globe! The Office of International Engagement facilitates numerous opportunities for international students to study at Montclair State without enrolling in a degree program.
- Apply as an Exchange Student for a semester or academic year, if you are a student enrolled at one of Montclair State’s Exchange Partners
- Apply as a Visiting Student for a semester or academic year. If you are a student enrolled at any of Montclair State’s Partner Institutions, you may apply as a Visiting Student for a semester or academic year
- Apply to attend one of Montclair State’s Summer Group Programs
Montclair State also works closely with a number of organizations to host international students through special sponsored programs such as:
- Global UGRAD
- World Learning: Global Undergraduate Program for Serbia and Montenegro
- Brazilian Scientific Mobility Undergraduate Program
- Fulbright Program for Foreign Students
- Initiative to Educate Afghan Women
- SOLA - School of Leadership, Afghanistan
To demonstrate our commitment to global diversity on campus, Montclair State offers special tuition rates, cost-sharing with sponsors and some scholarships to support these programs.
With a deep belief in the value of a globally diverse campus community, a wide array of academic disciplines, activities and clubs for students, and our proximity to New York City, Montclair State is the perfect place for your study abroad experience!