Study at Montclair
The Global Education Center consolidates Montclair State University's international initiatives and programs. It provides leadership and organizational focus for the University’s globalization efforts.
The Office of International Services
Office of International Services (IS) promotes international education by providing a range of services, programs, and advocacy that support the growth, development and welfare of international students, scholars, and faculty at Montclair State University. These are:
- immigration advising and documentation
- visa support
- academic, legal, housing, visa and cultural assistance for international student
- orientations for new international scholars
- social adjustment and cultural support programs
- Global Living Community (GLC) a residential community of International and American students at Montclair State University, where students can learn about the traditions and customs of students from a variety of countries
- international student recruitment
Non-Degree and Special Programs to Study at Montclair State
Montclair State University welcomes students from around the globe! With a deep belief in the value of a globally diverse campus community, a wide array of academic disciplines, activities and clubs for students, and our proximity to New York City, Montclair State is the perfect place for your study abroad experience.
The Global Education facilitates numerous opportunities for international students to study at Montclair State without enrolling in a degree program.
- Apply as an Exchange Student for a semester or academic year, if you are a student enrolled at one of Montclair State’s Exchange Partners
- Apply as a Visiting Student for a semester or academic year. If you are a student enrolled at any of Montclair State’s Partner Institutions, you may apply as a Visiting Student for a semester or academic year
- Apply to attend one of Montclair State’s Summer Group Programs
Montclair State also works closely with a number of organizations to host international students through special sponsored programs such as:
- Global UGRAD
- World Learning: Global Undergraduate Program for Serbia and Montenegro
- Brazilian Scientific Mobility Undergraduate Program
- Fulbright Program for Foreign Students
- Initiative to Educate Afghan Women
- SOLA - School of Leadership, Afghanistan
To demonstrate our commitment to global diversity on campus, Montclair State offers special tuition rates, cost-sharing with sponsors and some scholarships to support these programs.