The Graduate School provides leadership and direction for Montclair State University graduate programs. It strives to create a learning environment distinguished by high quality graduate programs aligned with the university’s overall teaching, research, and public service mission. The Graduate School and its faculty are committed to providing access to programs and services for qualified students from diverse backgrounds and to meeting the needs of the State of New Jersey and our region.
Together with the Graduate Council, The Graduate School:
- Continuously reviews the university’s graduate programs and policies
- Establishes and maintains appropriate admission and academic standards
- Encourages student inquiry and critical thinking
- Provides enhanced levels of professional competence
- Fosters research and scholarly activity
By combining theoretical and applied studies, each academic program aims to prepare the successful graduate for achievement in the workplace, future educational opportunities, informed participation in today’s increasingly complex world, and other leadership roles.