Advising, Matriculation, and Registration

You must contact the Graduate Program Coordinator for your program as soon as you arrive in the United States to develop a work program. This is a formal statement of the academic requirements for your degree and must be completed before you can register for classes.

  • Contact The Graduate School regarding registration procedures and specific information about your program.
  • Please be aware that students with F-1 Student Visas must register for at least nine credits each semester in order to maintain their immigration status.
  • Students who earned their undergraduate degree from an institution where English is not the language of instruction will need to take an English Language Proficiency test, which is separate from the TOEFL or IELTS, at Montclair State before you may register for classes. Depending on results of this test, you may be required to enroll in English as a Second Language (ESL) courses at Montclair State University.