Applicants Already Studying in the US

If you are coming to Montclair State from another American institution, International Services will notify INS about your transfer. In order to complete the procedure, you must submit the following documents no later than fifteen days after the first day of classes to International Services at Montclair.

  • Copy of your I-94 Arrival/Departure Card and entry Visa.
  • Copy of the I-20 issued by the school you attended before you transferred to Montclair State University.
  • A Foreign Student Advisor’s Report that is signed and completed by the International Student Advisor at the school you are transferring from.
  • Copy of the I-20 issued by Montclair State University. This I-20 is valid only if it has your signature.
  • If you are a non-F-1 visa student, you should submit copies of documents that indicate your current immigration status to International Services.