Community Services for Employees
The Division of Human Resources has formulated a list of local and out-of-state resources that will be updated regularly to offer assistance for a variety of needs. Employees can also contact Lynarkah Stephen directly at 973-655-4498 for confidential guidance.
List of Local and Out of State Resources
- Accion International
A private, nonprofit organization with the mission of giving people microloans and other financial services needed to work their way out of poverty.
- Affordable Housing Alliance of New Jersey
Develops and expands the availability of affordable housing for low- to moderate-income families and special needs groups for either rental or purchase.
- Charities Resource Center
- Child Care
- Community Food Bank of New Jersey
Fight hunger and poverty by distribution of food and groceries, by educating and training, creating model programs and involving all society in this battle.
- Concern Employee Advisory Program
- Foreclosure Guidance
Are you facing foreclosure? NJ HOPE can help.
- Homelessness Prevention
Find shelters and emergency housing in NJ.
Learn about NJ's Homelessness Prevention Program for low- and moderate-income tenants and homeowners in danger of eviction or foreclosure.
- HR Saving List
- Human Needs Food Pantry, Montclair, NJ
- MSU Donated Leave Progam
Donated Leave Program
- Need Help Paying for Food?
Angel Food Ministries
FNS Supplemental Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Need Help Paying Your PSEG Energy Bill in NJ?
- Need Help Paying Your Phone Bill?
Lifeline Across America
- Need Help Paying Your Energy Bill in NY?
- Need Free Civil Legal Help?
- Newark Emergency Service For Families, inc.
Newark Emergency Service For Families, Inc. is a private not-for-profit social service agency that serves the working poor, disenfranchised and homeless in Essex County, N.J.
- New Jersey Aid and Assistance Programs
- North Jersey Federal Credit Union (NJFCU) Recession Survival Guide
- People Help of Sussex County
People Help provides emergency financial assistance for the benefit of Sussex County residents who are recommended to us by various local agencies.
- Salvation Army-New Jersey Division
Short term emergency assistance with food, shelter, clothing, utilities, rent and transportation.
- Special Services
Services for clothing, furnishing, household goods, veterans, seniors, ex/current offenders, money and credit.
- State of New Jersey Assistance
- Sussex County Interfaith Hospitality Network
Sussex County Interfaith Hospitality Network provides shelter, meals and support services to homeless families. Limited financial assistance and mentoring is offered to former shelter guests.