Montclair State University is a comprehensive state-assisted institution offering a rich array of programs to more than 19,500 students.
Founded in 1908, Montclair State University is organized into four colleges and two schools: College of Education and Human Services, College of Humanities and Social Sciences, College of Science and Mathematics, College of the Arts, School of Business and The Graduate School. Montclair State University awards the following degrees: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Music, Bachelor of Science, Master of Arts, Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Science, Master of Business Administration, Master of Education, Master of Fine Arts, Doctor of Education, and Doctor of Environmental Management.
Characterized by a distinguished cadre of teacher-scholars, a strong general education program, and a deep commitment to the values of multicultural diversity, Montclair State University is located 14 miles west of New York City on a beautiful 252-acre suburban campus. Additional information can be found on the website at montclair.edu.
Montclair State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity.
New Jersey First Act
New Employees hired by Montclair State University after September 1, 2011 will be required to abide by the New Jersey First Act/Residency Law and establish a principal residence in New Jersey, unless the title is on the exempt list or the request for exemption based on critical need or hardship has been granted. New employees will have one year from the date of hire to establish residency in New Jersey if they do not currently reside here.
How to Apply for a Job at Montclair State
We accept employment applications for specific open positions via:
1) Email: As instructed on each posting.
2) Regular mail: Some positions list mail as the prefered application method. Send your application materials to: Montclair State University, Division of Human Resources, 1 Normal Avenue, Box CO 316, Montclair, NJ 07043.
3) In-person delivery to College Hall, Room 316.
1) All applicants must send or attach a completed Employment Application. If you are applying for more than one position, please submit a separate application for each.
2) Your email, your resume, cover letter, CV must clearly state the title of the position or its V#, V-C# or V-F# Vacancy numbers. Letters of reference sent under separate cover must also include the position’s V# or V-F#.
3) Please note the "Apply By" date, if stated, at the end of each job posting. We will NOT accept resumes and/or applications after the Apply By date has passed.