Thursday, November 9, 2017
Monday, February 19, 2018
The Music Therapy faculty offer the opportunity to learn about the field of music therapy as a career choice, and about MSU’s program. Highlights will include opportunities for networking, class visits, and open discussion with the faculty. This event will be hosted by faculty and current students in the program. Visitors may come for all or part of the day.
Sample schedule (subject to change):
- Arrival/Greetings/Sign-In (Chapin Lobby)
- Greetings and Orientation to MSU, JJCSOM, and Music Therapy Program (including general summary of the music therapy field, with video examples) (Leshowitz)
- Sample Learning Experience, Including Video Demonstration (Leshowitz)
- Questions and Answers (Leshowitz)
- 11:45 am-12:15 pm
- Tour of Cali School of Music
- 12:30 -1:30 pm
- Lunch Together (Student Center, Cafeteria Area B/C)
- 1:45 pm-2:45 pm
- Partial Tour of the Campus (Departing from Student Center)
Contact Dr. Brian Abrams for more information.
Contact Donald Batchelder for information.
Contact Sasha Enegren for information.
2018 Date – TBA
The MSU ChoralFest is a non-competitive, adjudicated high school choral festival emphasizing vocal and ensemble skill development. A maximum of five choirs will be selected to work with Dr. Heather J. Buchanan and perform in the Alexander Kasser Theater.
To learn about events or schedule visits:
- For university tours, open houses and admissions counseling, see Montclair State University Admissions
- For individual visits to the Cali School, call 973-655-7610
Every year in October, the Cali School celebrates the opening of the school year by presenting Kaleidoscope concerts, where our student and faculty soloists, chamber groups and large ensembles perform. We also present more than 300 daytime and evening concerts and masterclasses by students, faculty and guest artists throughout the year. See Concerts and Events for the most up-to-date listings.