- Recitals must not exceed 90 minutes in length, inclusive of any intermission. Intermissions must not exceed 10 minutes.
- You will have 30 minutes for a sound check starting one hour before your recital. The house will be opened 30 minutes prior to your scheduled recital start time.
- Recitals must always start on time, unless there is a need from production to hold. No exceptions.
- No encores permitted. House lights will come up at the conclusion of your final piece.
- No receptions allowed in the building.
- No cancellations are permitted unless there is an emergency approved by the Director. Recitals cancelled without approval will only be rescheduled in G55 or 201.
- All recital production requirements are subject to Production Manager’s approval.
IMPORTANT: You have three weeks to finish the following process in order to schedule your recital in the recital hall.
- Meet with your advisor to determine how many recitals (if any) are required to complete your degree.
- Receive the recital scheduling form from your instructor, then find three dates* that you, your accompanist, and your instructor have available for your recital. Have your instructor sign and date the recital scheduling form. This will start the three-week countdown to your deadline.
- Meet with the Concert Manager (Martha Learner) to secure one of your dates. If none are available, return to you teacher and accompanist to find alternates. Return to Martha to secure a date.
- Meet with the Production Manager (Phil Clifford) to discuss your anticipated program and any production needs. If approved, Phil will confirm your recital with you, your instructor, accompanist, the area coordinator, and the concert manager via email. Your recital is now scheduled.
If at any time during this process you foresee any problems meeting your deadline, contact Phil and Martha via email. If you do not meet your deadline and have not communicated beforehand, you will forfeit the use of the recital hall. All recital communications must happen via official MSU email accounts only.
One scheduled two-hour dress rehearsal is permitted per recital. Speak to Martha to schedule your dress rehearsal after your recital is confirmed.
*Available recital times: Tues.-Fri. – 5 & 8 pm; Saturdays – 2, 5 & 8 pm; Sundays – 11 am, 2 & 5 pm. No recitals will be scheduled on Mondays or during University holiday weekends.