- Periodicals Holdings List - Alphabetical list for print and microfilm titles available in Sprague Library. Click on one of the letters to locate the title you are looking for.
- Electronic News - Links to selective lists of electronic news web sites.
- Electronic Databases - Links to e-databases currently subscribe to by the Library. Scroll down the Alphabetical Title List or click on one of the subject categories on the menu box on the upper left hand corner.
- New Jour (Electronic Journals & Newsletters) - Announces new electronic journals and newsletters. Currently more than 10,000 items.
- Sprague Library Online Catalog - Retrieve bibliographic information on the Library's holdings (particularly periodicals). Workstations for searching the web catalog are located throughout the Library.
- Scholarly Journals and Popular Magazines - A very clear and concise explanation by one of our Reference Librarians defining scholarly and popular magazines.
- New Jersey Union List of Periodicals - Gives you periodical holdings information for many New Jersey libraries.
MSU faculty (including adjuncts), staff, graduate assistants, and doctoral students can borrow periodicals out of the Library.
An MSU ID bearing the current year's validation sticker is needed to borrow a periodical.
Borrowers are responsible for all items taken out of the Library on their MSU ID. Borrowing privileges will be suspended until overdue items are returned.
Periodicals can be borrowed for 5 days with no renewals. A total of 5 items can be charged-out at one time.
Current issues in the Magazines On Display section cannot be charged-out.
Recommending New Periodical Subscriptions
We welcome recommendations and suggestions from MSU faculty (including adjuncts) and staff for new periodical titles to add to our collection.
A Periodicals Subscription Request Form is available electronically. To fully consider your recommendation, we ask that the form be completely filled out.
You will be notified either via e-mail or phone of the disposition of your recommendation.
The Periodicals staff look after the journals in the Library. The Periodicals Office is located on the main floor in front of the Photocopy Room and is staffed seven days a week during the academic school year. Click here to find out about the Library's hours.
Department Head: Eduardo Gil, (973) 655-5286, email@example.com