As many as 28 million Americans have lost some of their hearing – and even a slight loss can adversely affect daily life.
For community members, Montclair State University’s Center
for Audiology offers comprehensive diagnostic hearing evaluations with a
sliding fee schedule.
- Do you have trouble hearing when there’s background noise?
- Do you often ask people to repeat themselves?
- Is it hard to follow conversations in a group setting?
- Are you age 45 or older?
- Do people complain that the volume is too loud when you are watching TV?
- Do you strain to understand certain words or the soft voices of women and children?
- Do people seem to mumble?
- Is it hard to hear people speaking on the telephone?
- Are family and friends annoyed by your hearing difficulties?
If you answered YES to more than 3 questions, call
973-655-3934 to schedule a hearing test.
Hearing tests are administered by Montclair State doctoral
students under the direct supervision of licensed, certified Doctors of
In addition to hearing tests, the Center for Audiology
offers a full menu of services, including:
- Auditory Processing Disorder Testing
- Complete Hearing Aid Services
- Auditory Brainstem Response Testing
- Custom Ear Molds and Hearing Protectors
- Comprehensive Balance Testing
For more information, visit: Center for Audiology.