Construction is progressing at the new combined heating, cooling, and power (CHCP) plant. All the major equipment has been received and is in place. Work continues to install mechanical and electrical systems with and toward a plant start-up for April 2013.
The recently installed mechanical gates have been placed in service. Only Montclair State vehicles and approved construction vehicles are permitted past the gates to the interior of the campus.
The underground piping distribution system installation is also progressing on schedule and the following should be noted.
- Lot-17 has been restored to use with the exception of the area around the new manhole.
- The entire roadway in front of Webster hall is closed while the piping is being installed. The construction will continue and connect to the installed piping north of Stone Hall.
- The Alumni Green is closed along with the rear exit of College Hall and the College Hall bridge. Access to the campus is through University Promenade.
- Final tie-in work is being completed in the manhole on the University Promenade In front of University Hall.
- Final connection work is underway in Calcia Hall, Dickson Hall, Partridge Hall, Life Hall, University Hall and the Student Center.
We will continue to issue regular updates on construction progress.
Thank you for your continued cooperation and support with our effort to improve the University infrastructure.