Welcome back to all students, faculty and staff.
Construction is progressing at the new combined heating, cooling, and power (CHCP) plant. All the major equipment has been received and is in place. Work continues to install mechanical and electrical systems with and toward a plant start-up for April 2013.
The recently installed mechanical gates have been placed in service. Only Montclair State vehicles and approved construction vehicles are permitted past the gates to the interior of the campus.
The underground piping distribution system installation is
also progressing on schedule and the following should be noted:
- Construction continues in the Alumni Green and the rear exit of College Hall and the College Hall Bridge remain closed. A passage has been opened through the Alumni Green to access the Sprague Library and Morehead Hall from the University Promenade.
- The sidewalk on the east side of College Hall will be closed to pedestrian through traffic. To access Morehead Hall, you should travel through the Alumni Green from the lower Promenade.
- Lot-17 has been restored to use with the exception of the area around the new manhole.
- The entire roadway in front of Webster Hall is closed while the piping is being installed. The construction will continue and connect to the installed piping north of Stone Hall.
- Final tie-in work is being completed in the manhole on the University Promenade In front of University Hall.
- Final connection work is underway in Calcia Hall, Dickson Hall, Partridge Hall, Life Hall, University Hall and the Student Center.
All roadways and pedestrian routes will be clearly marked so the campus community can navigate construction areas easily. All buildings will remain open and accessible. Please see the campus construction map for details of areas under construction.
We will continue to issue regular updates on construction progress.
Thank you for your continued cooperation and support with our effort to improve the University infrastructure.