The Global Images International Travel Photography competition and exhibition was started in 2002 to highlight the international experience of our campus community, and features photographs by Montclair State University faculty and staff.
The 2013 exhibit will take place April 9 - 19 in Life Hall.
The Global Education Center,
Office of Education and Community Outreach,
MSU Art Galleries, and the MFA Studio Program
12th Annual Competition and Exhibition
Global Images 2013:
International Travel Photography
by MSU Faculty and Staff
April 9 – 19, 2013
Submissions Deadline: March 1
Reception: Tuesday April 9 at 5:00pm
Faculty and staff are invited to submit their international travel photographs for a competition and exhibition, as per the following guidelines.
1. Entrants- Photographs by MSU faculty and staff, active and retired
- Each individual may enter up to five works.
- New submissions, not previously entered into the 2005- 2012 competitions.
- Photos must have been taken within the last three years.
2. Characteristics and Format of Entries
- The theme is world travel, which should be the subject of the work. There are no other limitations on subject matter.
- All entries will be submitted electronically and do not need to be matted.
3. Submission Procedure
Electronic submissions should be sent by March 1, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org with minimum dimensions of 1600 x 2000 pixels in RGB or grayscale modes, in 8 or 16 bit depth, in either JPG or TIFF formats. Attachments larger than 10MB should be sent through a file sending service such as yousendit.com.
File name should be LAST NAME-FIRST NAME-IMAGE NUMBER, such as DOE-JOHN-1.jpg
Also include a word document or text file with artist name, image number,
title, year and place for each image.
4. Judging and Announcements
- All entries will be judged by three experts in the field, and prizes will be awarded based on content and quality of the works.
- Selections will be announced in early March by the Global Education Center.
- Selected works will be printed and exhibited in the Life Hall Exhibition Space, April 9 – 19, 2013
Reception Tuesday April 9 at 5:00pm