- Enroll in SHBP/SEHBP plans if you have not previously done so;
- Change to a different SHBP/SEHBP medical plan and/or, if provided, dental plan;
- Add eligible dependents - including children up to age 26. Optional coverage for dependent children until age 31 is also available under the provisions of Chapter 375, P.L. 2005.
All existing plans will continue to be available for 2014. Additionally, the State SHBP/SEHBP Committee approved new plan designs, as follows:
- New 2035 Plan Design - included in the plan offerings for active employees for this Open Enrollment are new 2035 medical plan designs. The new 2035 plans feature a $20 co-payment for a primary care visit, $35 co-payment for a specialist visit, and a new prescription drug plan: all designed to reduce premium costs and lower employee contributions.
- Wellness Program - Beginning with the 2014 plan year, NJWELL is open to active employees who are enrolled in the SHBP and SEHBP. Spouses and eligible partners can also participate, as long as they are covered by the SHBP/SEHBP plan. Through NJWELL employess receive incentives for participating in simple screenings, health assessments, and participating in other wellness and health lifestyle activities. Information about NJWELL will also be posted on the Division's Website through links at:
Additional information about all the plans, including premium rates, can be accessed at the links below.
Summary of plan offerings during Open Enrollment for Plan Year 2014
Percentage of Premium Charts
Please note that the health benefit contribution percentages for employees increased as of July 2013. State employees in benefit plans before June 28, 2011 should do calculation for both Year 3 and Year 4 since the rates for Year 4 will take effect in July 2014. Employees hired after June 28, 2011 should use the rates for Year 4. The rates can be accessed at the links below.
State Active Employee Medical Plan Rates - Plan Year 2014
State Active Employee Dental Plan Rates - Plan Year 2014
A link to the applications needed to make changes and other relevant links are also provided below.
Health Benefits Application 2014 - PPO and HMO Plans
High Deductible Health Plans - Plan Application 2014
and HSA Contribution Form
Dental Benefits Application 2014
If you have any questions or need assistance with this process, please contact Helen Caruso in the Office of Employee Benefits at 773-655-4394.
Patricia Kelly, Director
Employee Services for Benefits and Payroll