CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The LGBTQ Center and the Office of Health Promotion invites proposals for workshops for the 2014 Safe[r] Space Conference at Montclair State University this March. This conference is held each spring to provide personal and professional development opportunities for MSU on topics related to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning community. While some workshops may be tailored to provide advanced-level training to members of our community who have completed our Safe Space trainings, many are fundamental in nature and open to anyone. We encourage all members of our campus community including faculty, staff, students, and clubs and organizations to submit proposals.
- Intersections of identity
- Building and defining an inclusive LGBTQA movement
- Challenging paradigms of injustice, privilege, and/or marginalization
- Historically underrepresented identities within the LGBTQ movement (i.e. bisexual people, asexual people, intersex people, queer people with disabilities, queer people of color, lower socioeconomic status, queer youth, affectional orientation, etc.)
- Issues around gender (including gender identity, gender roles, and stereotypes)
- Transgender/gender non-conforming students and issues
- Substance abuse among LGBTQ Individuals
- Empowering the voice of a new LGBTQA generation
- Building sustainable coalitions within student groups to reflect a diverse population
- Post-undergrad activism and civic engagement, etc.
- LGBTQ Terminology/labels and meanings
Visit this page to submit your proposal today!
Brian Edwards, M.S.Ed.
Coordinator | LGBTQ Center
Marie Cascarano, Ed.D.
Coordinator | Health Promotion