Location: Kenilworth, NJ, US
Description:Merck is a global healthcare leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies, consumer care products and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
As part of Merck’s Future Talent Program, the Pharmacology department in the Merck Research Laboratories (MRL) invites applications for 9-12 week internships during the months of June-August, 2014.
In the course of these internships, you will work with experienced pharmaceutical industry scientists to identify and validate potential drug targets; identify drug candidates via state of the art screening techniques; characterize the biological effects of drug candidates on isolated proteins, in intact cells and/or in animals; analyze the results of your experiments; and present your findings to your peers. These opportunities will provide you with hands-on experience in a fast-paced drug discovery environment and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
The intern positions will be located in our laboratories in West Point, PA, Kenilworth, NJ, or Boston, MA.
If you are the kind of individual who thrives on challenge and possesses the technical, leadership and business skills that are of value to the Merck Research Laboratories, we invite you to apply.
- Currently enrolled in a full-time BS/BA degree program in biology, pharmacology, or a related scientific discipline.
- Prior laboratory experience is highly desirable.
- Planning to return to school in the fall of 2014 upon completion of the internship.
- Completed at least 2 college-level courses in biology by May 30, 2014.Required:
- Possess superior oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently in a multi-functional, team-oriented environment.
- Available for a period of 9-12 weeks beginning in June 2014.Preferred:
- Demonstrated record of strong academic achievement, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident of the U.S.
- A letter of reference from a professor is highly recommended; you may attach it in the same section of the profile as your resume when you apply online.
Former Military, Transitioning Service Members, National Guard & Reserves - We value your past and present service.
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth
Other Locations: NA-US-PA-West Point, NA-US-MA-Boston, NA-US-PA-North Wales
Job Type: Intern
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1