Job Title: Study Abroad Student Worker
Organization Name: Global Education Center
No of Openings: 2
Work Schedule: to be determined
Hours per Week: 15-20
Wage/Salary: to be determined
Employment Start Date: end of Spring 2014 for training, some hours over the summer, Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 commitment required
Supervisor: Nyieta Charlot
Job Description: The major duties and are to provide general office support to the members of the Study Abroad staff which generally includes the following.
1. Assist with maintenance of student records throughout application process through updating of StudioAbroad database
2. Create, edit and update program descriptions and other content using StudioAbroad website tools
3. Provide administrative assistance (drafting letters, copying, occasional calls and emails)
4. Coordinate office mailings: internal, external and FedEx
5. Create and edit flyers for events and assist during occasional study abroad events
6. Other duties as
Qualifications: The Global Education Center seeks students who have
navigating technology especially databases
• demonstrated initiative
• able to use Microsoft Office products with ease
• high attention to detail
• some international interest or experience preferred
• able to commit to at least three semesters (including the summer semester)
seek a student who is available for 15-20 hours per week with the possibility
of more hours during the summer.
Position type: Student Assistant
and/or On-campus Federal Work Study
Submit application materials (Cover
Letter and resume) via email to Nyieta Charlot, Study Abroad
Coordinator at email@example.com. Please indicate your anticipated
available days and times and whether you receive Federal Work Study or not as
part of the application process. The
exact schedule will be determined at a later date.
Our office will contact students for an interview.