As part of the Campus Peace Conference initiative STAND will be sponsoring:
Thursday, April 5
4 -5 p.m.
Room 114 Partridge Hall
-A women's rights perspective
-Poetry on human rights by Vivian Bockian (class of 2007)
-Writings on Darfur by Nicholas Kristof of the NY Times
Learn how you can help stop the genocide:
- Support legislation
- Write to your Congressional Representative and Senators
- Q&A session with Jewish, Christian, and Muslim religious leaders
Hosted by STAND: A Student Anti-Genocide Coalition
Mark Berenson and George Zilbergeld, Faculty Advisors
Other Peace Week Events
Wednesday, April 4, 2007- Conversation Cafe: "Impulse to Action: Dialogue and Creating a Culture of Peace" in the Drop-In Center at 2:30 -4 p.m. with Prof. Lisa Sargese from Philosophy and Religion Department and sponsored by Wellness Education at the Drop-In Center
- Peace Labyrinth co-sponsored by Intervarsity
- Take Back the Night in the SC Quad at 6 p.m. - Counseling and Debriefing available during and after the event by Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) – In case of rain, the program will be rescheduled for the following Wednesday. Call 973-655-5114 for more information.
Thursday, April 5, 2007- Coffeehouse in the Ratt! at 9 p.m. sponsored by Assist and Service for Peace
- Self-Care for Building Inner Peace by Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) from 3:30-4:30 p.m., Room SC 415
- Standing Up to Genocide with Students Taking Action Now: Darfur (STAND) from 4 p.m., at the Drop In Center
Week Long Activities
- Distribution of Black Peace Arm Bands of Solidarity
- Cell Phone Collection Drive-drop off all cell phones to either the Center for Non-Violence and Prevention Programs, the Women’s Center, or the Drop In-Center.
All phones will be donated to a local Women’s Shelter.Other Peace Week Events.