MONTCLAIR, NJ - Montclair State University continues the celebratory events of its centennial year with a week-long series of events for homecoming 2007.
Activities begin on Monday, October 8 and run through Sunday, October 14 and feature spirit-raising campus events including:
- Float-building contest and traditional homecoming parade;
- Re-dedication of the campus Amphitheater, an architectural centerpiece of the campus (originally built as a Works Progress Administration project in the 1930s) that was recently restored and upgraded with support from the Montclair State University Alumni Association;
- Kaleidoscope, a concert performance by the John J. Cali School of Music featuring music of all styles - choral, symphonic, band, jazz, vocal, chamber, musical theatre and solo instrumental;
- "Real World" speakers: stars of the MTV series come to campus;
- Outdoor festivals and fireworks; and
- Red Hawk Athletics home games for the women's soccer, men's soccer, volleyball, rugby, and football teams.
Click here to see the full schedule.
Montclair State University
Montclair State is New Jersey's second largest university. It offers the advantages of a large university--a comprehensive undergraduate curriculum with a global focus, a broad variety of superior graduate programs through the doctoral level, and a diverse faculty and student body--combined with a small college's attention to students.