Inbound Substitute Bus Service for Trains 1024 and 1028
Customers traveling inbound (to MSU/Hoboken/New York) on trains 1024 (the 10:25 a.m. departure from Dover) and 1028 (the 1:09 p.m. departure from Dover) from Dover Station and points east will use substitute bus service to MSU and points in between.
Customers traveling from Mount Olive, Netcong, Lake Hopatcong, or Mount Arlington on trains 1024 and 1028 must change trains at Dover for service to Hoboken or New York.
Customers traveling from Mount Olive, Netcong, Lake Hopatcong, or Mount Arlington to stations on the Montclair-Boonton Line should use either Train 1020 (the 8:07 a.m. departure from Hackettstown, which will
operate normally and connect with New York-bound Train 6220 at MSU station) or Train 854 (the 12:06 p.m. departure from Mount Olive, which will require a bus connection of approximately 10 minutes at Dover). Inbound substitute buses will make station stops up to 30 minutes earlier than train times shown in the January 20, 2008 Montclair-Boonton Line schedule.
Outbound Substitute Bus Service for Trains 1021 and 1025
Customers traveling outbound (to Dover/Hackettstown) on trains 1021 (the 10:30 a.m. departure from MSU) and 1025 (the 12:33 p.m. departure from MSU) will deboard their train at MSU station and transfer to a substitute bus for service to Dover and points in between. Customers traveling from New York/Hoboken to Mount Arlington, Lake
Hopatcong, Netcong, or Mount Olive must change trains at Newark Broad Street and at Dover. Customers traveling from Montclair-Boonton Line trains to Mount Arlington, Lake Hopatcong, Netcong and Mount Olive should use either the substitute bus for Train 1021 (departing MSU at 10:30 a.m. and providing a connection of approximately 30 minutes with Train 851 at Dover) or Trains 6241/1027 (the 1:40 p.m. departure from New York and the 2:35 p.m. departure from MSU, both of which will operate normally). Click here for affected outbound train and substitute bus schedules.
Note: Inbound buses will not hold for connections at Dover and outbound trains will not hold for bus connections at Dover. Please allow additional travel time. Connecting customers may wish to consider alternate travel options during this time.
Lakeland Bus Stop Locations on the Montclair-Boonton Line
- Dover: At the station by the stop sign.
- Denville: Corner of Rt.53 & Estling Lake Rd. across from the Shell gas
- Mountain Lakes: Parking lot across the tracks from the station building.
- Boonton: Bus Shelter located on the right side of Myrtle Ave. (Rt. 202) - approximately 50 yards from Main Street and Myrtle Avenue intersection.
- Towaco: Bus Shelter located on Rt. 202 in front of parking lot.
- Lincoln Park: In front of Smiley Cleaners onComly Road.
- Mountain View: Erie Drive in front of parking lot.
- Wayne: Transit Center bus pick up location.
- Little Falls: Railroad Road in frontof station.
- Montclair State University: Bus stop shelter in parking lot.