As detailed in the public safety advisory of April 8, 2008, the University has received a threat against the campus community timed for Thursday, April 10, 2008. After intensive investigation, there continues to be no evidence to confirm that the threat is credible. However, several adjustments and precautions will be in place for Thursday, April 10:
- Only students, employees, and authorized persons will be permitted to enter campus.
- There will be highly visible law enforcement presence and extensive security measures in place on campus.
- You will be required to produce your University ID as you enter campus. If you do not currently have a University ID, go to the ID office on the first floor of the Student Center or contact your immediate supervisor.
- You may be required to stop your vehicle for police checks.
- You should expect delays at campus entry points. Allow additional time to arrive at class and work on time.
- All events involving participants external to the University are canceled.
As always, full cooperation from the campus community is important and appreciated. Be vigilant, and if you see anything that concerns you at any time, please notify an officer or call University Police immediately at 973-655-5222.
The safety of the University community is our highest priority. We will keep the campus informed and take whatever actions are necessary to safeguard the campus community. Please stay connected to standard University communication channels including Web, e-mail and text messages for instructions. If you have not already done so, you can sign up for text alerts at https://www.getrave.com/login/montclair. We also ask you to please keep the University Police main number 973-655-5222, programmed into your mobile phones and near your desk phones.
Chief Paul M. Cell
Montclair State University Police Department