The Montclair State University campus will close at 4:30 PM on Friday, December 21, 2001 and will re-open at 8:30 AM on Wednesday, January 2, 2002. The following conditions and exceptions apply to this closing:
- The main information booth, University Police, Clove Road Apartments, and Russ Hall (resident rooms only) will be open and staffed during the entire period.
- The Library, including its computer lab, will be open on December 27 and 28 from 8:30 AM 4:30 PM. During the winter closing, access to electronic resources and the on-line catalog is available through the librarys homepage www.montclair.edu/library.
- The Student Center and all computer labs (except the library, as noted above) will be closed.
- The Technology Solutions Center (computer helpline x7971) will be open on December 27 and 28 from 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM.
- The VAX (Saturn) and administrative systems will not be available due to preventive maintenance.
- MSU network services - which includes the MSU ISP, e-mail services, and the MSU website - may be unavailable intermittently for very short periods for rewiring and reconfiguration of the data center.
- The telephone system will not be available on December 27 and 28 from midnight - 6:00 AM for telephone switch upgrading.