The Center for Community-Based Learning in collaboration with Student Leadership Programs Presents
Engaged Campus Conference: Building Bridges
Date: March 27, 2003
Time: 1:00 - 4:00pm
Place: Student Center
Ballrooms A, B, C
This year's opening event will provide a showcase of what classes, individuals, faculty, staff, students, and student organizations are doing to bridge the university and academic experience with community service.
Events Include: Opening Remarks by: Dr. Judy Minier, Associate Vice President, Academic Affairs; Dean Helen Matusow-Ayres, Dean of Students; And Chris Fitzpatrick, President, Student Government Association
Presentations by faculty, staff, students and community partners:
Astin's Theory of Involvement
- Robert Vincent, Program Assistant, Student Leadership Programs.
- Beatrice Bernardin, Residence Director, Residence Life.
Student Leaders for Service
- Bertha Diggs, Associate Director, Educational Opportunity Programs.
- Students from Human Relation Leadership Development Association.
Learning Communities and Engagement
- Laura Chartrand, Director, New Student Experience.
- Dorothy Rogers, Assistant Dean, College of Humanities and Social Sciences.
Applied Research through Campus-Community Partnerships
- AJ Faas, Service-Learning and America Reads Coordinator.
- Kathryn Hammond, Coordinator, Community Outreach Partnership Center.
- Community Interest Round Tables: featuring informal interactive discussions intended to promote lively conversation among participants.
- Poster Sessions and Information Tables.
This conference is an opportunity to - -
- Explore new and interesting community collaborations.
- Expand your knowledge of campus/community projects.
Meet other individuals in an exchange of ideas.