Are you interested in beginning your graduate work, but have not yet completed the application process? The Graduate Schools Pre-Admit status allows you to take up to six graduate credits while you work to complete your graduate application. These credits may ultimately count toward a degree program should you gain admission.
The Graduate School staff will be available for Pre-Admit Registration Sessions in College Hall Room 310 on:
- Tuesday, January 11, 2005 from 4:30-6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, January 13, 2005 from 4:30-6:30 p.m.
The application process for the Pre-Admit status is simple! Plan to attend one of these two sessions, and bring with you:
- A completed application (downloadable from our website http://www.montclair.edu/graduate/printappforms.shtml or available in our office)
- A check or money order for the $60 application fee (cash or credit cards will not be accepted at these sessions) made payable to Montclair State University
- Proof of an undergraduate degree (a copy of either an official transcript or your diploma).
We hope to see you next week! To ensure proper staffing on these days, please RSVP by visiting http://webster2.montclair.edu/gradweb/forms/preadmitrsvp.php
If you are unable to come to one these sessions or wish to fill out the necessary forms today, the requirements for pre-admit status is:
- Part A of the application (downloadable from our website http://www.montclair.edu/graduate/printappforms.shtml or available in our office)
- $60 non-refundable application fee
- Proof of an undergraduate degree (official or copy of transcript). Please note: to be considered for full admission at a later date, you must send an official copy of your transcript.
- Complete pre-admit form: http://webster2.montclair.edu/gradweb/forms/preadmitform.php
You may drop it off at our office, College Hall Room 203 or mail to
The Graduate School
Montclair State University
1 Normal Ave.
College Hall Room 203
Montclair, NJ 07043
If you have any questions regarding the information sessions, or general application questions, please contact the Graduate School at (973) 655-5147.
** Please note: The following three programs do not allow students with Pre-Admit status to register for courses: MBA, MFA and the MA in Speech Language Pathology. In addition, the following four programs require permission from the Graduate Adviser before applicants can be approved to register: MS in Computer Science, MA in Educational Psychology, MA in Psychology and MA in English. This status is also not available to students seeking F-1 Visas.**