The latest prediction from the National Weather Service calls for snow showers to begin in the area of the campus by early to mid-afternoon with the intensity increasing through the late afternoon. The heaviest accumulations of snow should occur during the evening hours, at which time the wind will also become a factor.
In response, the University will cancel classes starting at or after 4:00 p.m. on Monday, February 28, 2005. Other functions on the campus will operate on a normal schedule until 4:30 p.m., at which time the campus will be closed for all activities for the remainder of the day.
It is still too early to determine the status of the campus on Tuesday morning, March 1, 2005. A decision will be made before 5:00 a.m. on March 1st and will be communicated to the campus community in a variety of ways including:
- The University home page: http://www.montclair.edu ;
- The Weather Hotline: (973) 655-7810;
- Via e-mail to all account holders on MSUNet;
- On a number of radio stations (see http://www.montclair.edu/closings/ for a listing); and
- Via telephone chains that have been previously established.
Please check one of these sources after 5:00 a.m. on Tuesday, March 1, 2005.