Wednesday, June 15, 2011
6:00pm - 7:30pm
University Hall, Conference Center
Montclair State University is a vibrant and fast growing institution with nearly 100 doctoral, masters, teacher certification, and certificate programs. We have much to offer with strong, dynamic graduate programs, and consider MSU an accessible, friendly place to pursue an education. Most of our programs do not have set deadlines and we are currently accepting applications for the Fall semester.
The Graduate Information Session is designed to provide potential applicants an overview of the following:
- Benefits of Graduate Study
- Graduate Application and Admissions Process
- Financial Aid (A representative will be there to answer your questions)
Immediately following the Graduate School overview, there will be breakout sessions for only the following programs:
- Breakout Session- Overview of Graduate Music Programs
- Breakout Session- School of Business – Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Breakout Session- Initial Instructional Certification & Master of Arts in Teaching
- Breakout Session- Urban Teacher Residency- An apprenticeship-based program of study for individuals with a deep commitment to urban teaching. This Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program has two tracks: P-3/K-5 certification with dual certification in Teacher of Students with Disabilities; and secondary, content area certification in mathematics or science. If selected for this competitive program, federal funding covers tuition, fees and a living stipend. Courses are based in the Newark Public Schools. Summers offer internships with community based organizations in Newark. The NMUTRP requires a commitment of three years teaching in the Newark Public Schools after completing the program. During that time, candidates will receive intensive mentoring to support their development as teachers.
Please visit our website and learn about the exciting opportunities at MSU. Our programs of study page offers a complete listing of programs at the graduate level. We encourage you to visit this page and review the admissions requirements as well as the full course description for your intended program.