In connection with the Heights construction project and the related sewer improvements, road milling and paving will be conducted on and off the Montclair State University campus from Wednesday, June 1 through Monday, June 6. The Montclair Township police will be in charge of traffic control for the off-campus work areas.
The status of the roadwork as of 3:00 p.m. on Friday, June 3, 2011 is as follows:
- Valley Road is paved and open to two-way traffic.
- Normal Avenue is paved and open to two-way traffic.
- The southbound lanes of Carlisle Road are open to traffic exiting the campus. Vehicles may make right and left-hand turns onto Normal Avenue.
- The paving of the northbound lane of Carlisle Road is being completed and the lane is expected to reopen by the end of the day.
- Mt. Hebron Road (in Montclair Township) is being milled.
The remaining scheduled roadwork for Monday, June 6, 2011 will take place off-campus and should not affect travel to and from the University:
- The milled sections of Mt. Hebron Road will be paved and receive temporary striping.
Those traveling to and from the campus should be prepared for possible delays and plan accordingly. Your understanding and cooperation is appreciated.