I am pleased to provide you with information relative to the Parking registration process for the 2011-12 Academic Year. I ask that you carefully read this entire e-mail, as it contains a great deal of information pertaining to: 1) Changes to some of the parking lots and facilities on campus; 2) Changes to parking policies and procedures; and, 3) The schedule for parking registration.
1. Changes to Physical Parking Facilities
A link to an updated parking map is included at the bottom of this e-mail, but I wanted to provide some details related to some of the more significant changes versus prior years:
- Lot Changes: It is important to note that the total
number of parking spaces dedicated to faculty/staff has
compared to fall 2010. Also, as with past years, faculty and
members who register for surface lot permits may also park in
the general lots on campus. I share the following in the
keeping you informed of changes to particular lots as compared
- Restricted (Faculty/Staff) Lot 5 - Located south of
Russ Hall (between Russ Hall and Normal Avenue), Lot 5 has
to a full-time Faculty/Staff lot beginning this fall
semester. Lot 5
provides an additional 37 restricted parking spaces.
- General Lot 21 - Located immediately north of the new Heights residential complex, Lot 21 has returned to the University's parking inventory, and adds 109 general spaces.
- General Lot 23 - Located across from Yogi Berra Stadium, Lot 23 has returned to the University's parking inventory, and adds 67 general spaces.
- Restricted (Faculty/Staff) Lot 25 - Located next to
newly built staircase and across the street from CarParc Diem,
is a newly constructed lot that will be dedicated to Full Time
Faculty/Staff in September 2011. Lot 25 provides an
restricted parking spaces.
- Restricted (Faculty/Staff) Lot 30- Located on
Road, Lot 30 has been converted to full-time Faculty/Staff
beginning this fall semester. Lot 30 provides an additional
restricted parking spaces.
- Restricted (Faculty/Staff) Lot 26 - Located
south of CarParc Diem and formerly an Adjunct-only facility,
will be dedicated to full-time Faculty/Staff beginning in
2011. Please note: Lot 26 is expected to be taken
some point during the Fall semester to accommodate a
- Restricted (Faculty/Staff) Lot T-1 - Located near University Hall and formerly a general lot, Lot T-1 will be dedicated to full-time Faculty/Staff beginning in September 2011. Please note: The T-1 Lot is expected to be taken off-line early in the Fall semester to accommodate a construction project.
- Service Vehicle Lot 42 - Located west of (behind) Sprague Field and along Carlisle Avenue, Lot 42 will be dedicated exclusively to MSU Service Vehicles beginning in September 2011.
- CarParc Diem Deck: Please be advised that the
Diem deck will be dedicated to commuter students exclusively
in September 2011.
Among the links at the bottom of this communication is the 2011-2012 MSU Parking Policies and Procedures document. While it is the responsibility of all persons who procure a parking permit to read and agree to abide by the polices and procedures, I wish to highlight a few of the more significant changes that have been incorporated this year:
- Adjunct Parking - Adjunct Faculty will be permitted to park in all restricted (orange) lots this year, in addition to the general (yellow) lots to which they have historically had access.
- Parking Citation Appeals - Not all citations are eligible to be appealed. All citations that can be appealed are required to be submitted on-line. Please visit the Citation Appeals section of the 2011-2012 Rules and Regulations for further information on citation appeals.
- Special Event Parking - For those of you who plan to host conferences and special events which require the provision of parking, there are updated requirements identified in the policies and procedures. Thank you for carefully reviewing them and planning accordingly.
- Methods of Payment - The Parking Office (located in the Red Hawk Deck) no longer accepts credit cards as a method of payment in person. The office accepts cash or check only, which is the policy currently followed by other offices on campus. The Flex online application can be used to pay for citations or permits with MasterCard, American Express, Discover or you may use your bank account to pay via e-check.
Permits can be obtained on-line (see link below) and as per the posted schedule.
- 2011-12 Parking Policies and Procedures: http://www.montclair.edu/facilities/fs/taps/regulations.html
- Parking Map: http://www.montclair.edu/map/parking.php
- Parking Registration Website: https://montclairstate.t2hosted.com/cmn/auth.aspx
Associate Vice President